The Union Report online now: Helen Kelly & Garry Parsloe
Issue 2: AFFCO says they want the Union out of their industry, will these tactics enshrine a low wage economy and if our primary industries can't provide decent wages, what industry can?
Issue 3: This Saturday is International Worker's memorial Day and 6 months since the death of Charanpreet Dhaliwal on a Fulton Hogan worksite. Is a de-unionized workforce a safe workforce?
- Red Flag Social Club commemorates Workers Memorial Day 27th April, 5.30pm Trades Hall, 149 Great North Road, Grey Lynn. Live music from 'Bad Muriel' and Paul Brown.
- STOP The Cuts to Newtown Union Health Service, 5.30pm Thurs 3rd May 14 Daniell St. St. Anne’s School Hall, Newtown
- May Day concert 2012, 5th May, 7.30pm @ Regent on Broadway, Palmerston North. A great night of solidarity with music, dance, song and performance art. Judges for may Day Cup will be Peter Conway & Iain Lees-Galloway
- International Nurses Day on Saturday 12 May. The NZ Nurses Organization and Service Food Workers Union are running a postcard campaign aimed at Oceania CEO Guy Eady to gain the money the Government have earmarked for aged care.
- Starting May 21st the PPTA in co-ordination with Massey University are running a series of public meetings on Charter Schools
- May Day Dinner - “Grand Century” Tuesday May 1st
- and this Friday is a quiz fundraiser for locked at AFFCO workers at Education House in Wellington and of course this Saturday the hikoi against selling off Aotearoa marches in Auckland at 3pm.
The Union Report plays 8pm Monday Triangle TV and simulcast on scoop.co.nz