- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Since when did we allow the Army to recruit our children?

Operation Hero is being funded by a bewilderingly huge advertising budget by the NZ Defence Force that has spent $20 million in the last 3 years with another $15million lined up for the next three.

Why on earth are we spending money on reality TV shows aimed at Children coming out of the recruitment budgets of the military? When did we start propaganda for the war machine as part of television programming for kids?

What obscenity are they cooking up here?

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to the Sesame Street Miltia?

The semi-automatic rainbow connection?

Cookie Monster says get on the ground now terrorist?

Our children are not recruitment fodder for the NZ war machine and our taxpayers dollars sure as hell shouldn't be used to con kids into thinking it is.



At 4/8/11 8:30 am, Blogger Arto said...

Oh, I thought they had already used the computer animated chick in the Army advertisements to attract the kiddies. The next step would be to release the free online FPS shooter game like the American's did...

At 4/8/11 2:52 pm, Blogger Frank said...

$20 million spent on advertising the NZ Army...

Whilst $800,000 is cut from funding Women's Refuges. And $285 million cut from Early Childhood Education.

It seems that the Old Boys' Network has been at it again, folks...

And yes, Bomber, the word "obscenity" fits perfectly here.

At 5/8/11 1:47 am, Blogger Ovicula said...

Why are they recruiting when the army's being downsized and contracted out? This makes no sense at all.


Post a Comment

<< Home