- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, June 17, 2011

Youth Pay until you are 24 - thank you John Key



So the National Party's solution to the economic incompetence they have shown by rising GST to subsidize a tax cut for the rich which led to a billion dollar hole in tax take as the revenue base shrank is to bring back youth rates and to redefine youth as anyone under 24!

Un-fucking-believable. I know many Gen Y voted for John Key because he was selling 'change' , now I wonder how it will feel for them to have 'change' as hourly pay?

Defined as youth until you are 24, wake up sleepy hobbits.

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

4 Comments:

At 17/6/11 9:03 am, Blogger Strych said...

Yeah, I can pay off my student loan, go to university, and keep a roof over my head on $8 per hour and have enough left over for a holiday...not. It's ridiculous. People under the age of 24 work just as hard as people over the age of 24 and most of us have the same debt and expenses. It won't get people off the dole. Ooh for a little bit extra money, I can work for 20-30 hours in a supermarket (Only managers get more hours)serving customers who give you a $100 note like it is a $5 note. Or I can just stay on the dole and get food grants whenever I need to. I already decided not to vote for National a long time ago. This is just an extra reason.

 
At 17/6/11 12:34 pm, Blogger Nitrium said...

NZers who thought they were voting for "change" when they ticked National, got just as badly shafted as American's who thought that Obama would bring change. I don't think the sort of change Key is bringing is what anyone had in mind. Not my mind anyway. I can't for the life of me understand why his (and National's) popularity continues largely unabated. He does do a killer wave and smile, I s'pose, you have to admit.

 
At 17/6/11 1:53 pm, Blogger Dave Brown said...

Sounds like he's taken his Science Advisor literally - brain doesnt mature until 23. I think its paternalistic bullshit. Brain goes into decline at 23. Anecdotal evidence, Key in second childhood.

 
At 17/6/11 7:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home