- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What won't Ian Wishart do for money?



Anti-Kahui book group is a 'lynch mob'
The author of a new book written in collaboration with the mother of the murdered Kahui twins has accused a group opposed to its publication of developing a "lynch mob" mentality. More than 21,500 people have signed up to a Facebook group urging the mass boycott of 'Breaking Silence', authored by Ian Wishart. It gives Macsyna King's account of the circumstances surrounding the murder of her three-month-old sons Chris and Cru Kahui.

Normally Ian is writing investigative books about spaceships piloted by lock ness monsters that are really demons disguised by Satan to implement global control via global warming legislation because global warming is a hoax created by the Free Masons told what to do by a Greenpeace lesbian Trans Gendered Queen who secretly runs the world.

The conspiracy files can't be paying the bills in this recession any longer and so now Ian scrapes the barrel with a book by the mother of the Kahui twins who died and caused outrage by the manner the family seemed to conspire against Police.

Macsyna King is of course allowed to be pimped out by Ian for money, neither are breaking the law, but the complicating factor here is that during the trial for the dead twins, it increasingly became obvious to anyone watching that the Police had cocked it up horrifically and charged the wrong parent. Chris Kahui was found innocent by the Jury in less than 50seconds, that's the contempt they showed the joke Crown case.

People have a right to be angry at the way this case was incompetently handled allowing someone who had a lot of evidence stacked against them personally to be ruled out as a suspect when arguably that just shouldn't have happened.

Which all makes this book as odious as OJ Simpson's 'I didn't kill her, but here's how I would have if I did' book. Allowing someone who the evidence leaves huge questions marks over to benefit from a book by a media pimp like Ian Wishart is like the gross eating challenge in Fear Factor. But grosser.

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

9 Comments:

At 29/6/11 12:31 pm, Blogger Miss Kiwi said...

Why Ian are you profiting off the abuse and death of two babies?... You a taking blood money and reaping the benefits of crimes? You are just as guilty as the ones who have done this travesty.. time to step down Ian. Its time to boycott your books...

 
At 29/6/11 1:52 pm, Blogger Marty Vincent said...

Seems like a book enables someone who may be guilty the rope to hang herself, and someone who may be the victim in fact (innocent till proven guilty) to shed light on family dysfunctions. Obviously Ian used this as an opportunity to bring another Whanau to God - that is the only profiteth he seeketh. Win win win.

 
At 29/6/11 11:45 pm, Blogger Frank said...

Firstly, I should point out that I have very little time for Ian Wishart's brand of conservative/religious politics, nor his bizarre conspiracy theories.

Neither do I have time for Ms King, who evidently was not very forthcoming in either the trial or the Coronial inquest.

However, I've been hearing about the campaign to stop the sale of the book, "Break the Kahui code of silence", and I am more than a little uncomfortable at the way that a powerful internet medium such as "Facebook" can be used in this fashion.

As much as I dislike Mr Wishart's politics and as much as I wonder why Ms King was not as forthcoming at the trial and Inquest - this appears to me to be little more than a 21st century version of a witch-hunt. Remembering that neither Mr Wishart nor Ms King have been found guilty of any crime.

How easy is it to mount a campaign against individuals we don't like?

Answer: all too easy.

I wonder who is next?

(PS: For my own reasons, I won't be buying the book.)

 
At 30/6/11 7:53 pm, Blogger Kiwi Joe said...

People, there is something called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, normally found in all DEMOCRACIES. This is not Syria or Libya – last time I checked it NZ. You don’t like it, DON’T BUY IT.

On principle alone I will be buying a copy, use my DEMOCRATIC RIGHT to read the book for myself, and then form my OWN OPINIONS and THEN pass JUDGEMENT for myself. It is called making an INFORMED DECISION.

Joe, the FREE KIWI

 
At 30/6/11 7:54 pm, Blogger Kiwi Joe said...

People, there is something called FREEDOM OF SPEECH, normally found in all DEMOCRACIES. This is NOT Syria or Libya – last time I checked we live in NZ.

You don’t like it, DON’T BUY IT.

On principle alone I will be buying a copy, use my DEMOCRATIC RIGHT to read the book for myself, and then form my OWN OPINIONS and THEN pass JUDGEMENT for myself.

It is called making an INFORMED DECISION.

Joe, the FREE KIWI

 
At 3/7/11 3:39 pm, Blogger publicwatchdog said...

I am a passionate supporter of 'freedom of expression' and I 100% support Ian Wishart's right to write and publish this book which is "BREAKING SILENCE" on child abuse. Of course Ian Wishart should be paid for his work. Writing books is what he does for a living, and he has a family to look after as well? Who is the MAIN enemy here? Child abuse and child abusers/KILLERS or the AUTHOR of a book exposing child abuse? FOCUS people! http://waterpressure.wordpress.com

 
At 4/7/11 12:47 am, Blogger hickory said...

it is a boycott not a ban .. and the main issue is the timing of this all ...so close to the inquest hmmm smells of a marketing exercise. I do not deny anyones right to buy the book I just think it is a disgusting way to tell a one sided version of events. To tote it as a insight into child abuse is an insult to people who have written their stories , an insult to other non biased researchers on child abuse and so many others who work with this day in day out. and an insult to the twins in my view.
This tale could have been told years ago is the simple question why now ? because he was depending on the public emotions to sell his book . Ians sly use of the word ban in comments is misleading and they are not the only words he is misleading people with.

Ian I am truly disgusted

 
At 12/7/11 2:23 pm, Blogger Melissa Wishart said...

http://pyromaniacsarethefuture.tumblr.com/post/7298017349/macsyna-king-breaks-her-silence-too-soon-for-some-it

As a journalism student, I was surprised to learn about the animosity between our editor in residence, Bomber Bradbury and my father, Ian Wishart. Having been closely following the drama surrounding this book, I've found myself pretty mad most of the time at the assumptions made by people who know nothing about this book or the people involved. So I think it's important that people educate themselves, and learn the other side of the story, cause from half the nonsense I've heard since news of the book came it, It's clear they don't really know what they're talking about. Good on Ian for writing this book despite all the hate being launched his way. I for one know that this is not a get rich quick scheme. It'd be nice to see people try to get to know the man before they are so quick to judge him.

 
At 13/4/12 5:24 pm, Blogger NZGIRL said...

i dont believe she attacks chris in her book nor do i believe she is one sided. i believe innocent til proven guilty. obviously the police never even found her a little bit guilty because she was never charged for the crime. i belive we as a country wanted blood we wanted answers and were willing to believe what we were feed by the media. unfortunately a clever lawyer used that to their advantage painting an innocent person out to be heinous and capable of anything. because i believe a guilyt man was set free in less then a minute.
read the book

 

Post a Comment

<< Home