Mt Albert by-election: cone of silence
[UPDATE-- Saturday 4:30PM : Beautiful weather today, no rain that I saw. No climatic-related reason not to vote today. Voters trickled in as they always do - there were scrutineers aplenty at the polling booth where I voted.]
The odd lull begins.
The cone of silence must descend now on all Mt Albert by-election related rantage on this blog as the voters (of which I am one) carry out their democratic duty tomorrow. At 7pm when the polls close it will be open season again. The TV coverage will be somewhat later in the night and a result is due by 10pm. The Left candidates will be hoping the miserable rainy weather of the last 24 hours clears and there is a big turnout.

Personally I will be glad to enjoy not having John bloody Boscawen driving up and down past my place every half hour (it seems) imploring the citizenry - through a piercing PA system in his clipped, racing commentator, anally-retentive, uptight white guy voice - to vote for him. There's probably a good many householders on main streets looking forward to the peace after the storm.Polling locations
Election results
Labels: Mt Albert by-election








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home