- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friday, June 20, 2008

The Correction's List: a tsunami of psychopaths

The Correction's List: a tsunami of psychopaths

I'm glad the police responded so promptly and in such force of numbers in such a very short period of time to my place of business when the issue of covering the flabby arse of the corrections department comes up and not so fast, say, when it's someone whose been shot in a neighbourhood where a distressing number of the psychopaths on the list you were seeking will be dumped in the very near future. I'm glad that some sort of an inquiry is underway about the embarrassing lapse, but I hope Phil sorts out not just how it went missing but sorts out how the massively broken people on the list can be mended when you don't even know basic stuff like where they live. Corrections are trying to cope and maybe they are doing all they are resourced to and they must be under a huge stress managing these offenders, but when Phil talks about people being responsible then he should be responsible in making sure his department is addressing the cases on the list.

I sensed inevitability in some, that made me shake my head and fear hope is beyond reach for the sad men who will once again walk among us, and I fear that their next victims will never forgive a system that gave the offenders a second/third/fourth chance to live free. I'm all for forgiveness, but there are some souls so lost, caught in the tension of living irreconcilably with themselves, and so deluded about their urge to harm and cause grief that you have to wonder if any sort of parole system - no matter how well staffed, financed and resourced - could contain these abhorent life patterns. Is it wrong to want to give up on these people and the under-resourced prison system that has damaged them beyond the warped beings they entered as?

Alistair Wilkinson is a fine and thorough journalist, and a credit to TV3 and I respect that he verified the source, but "exclusive"? That was a day after my post. And as for the selected quoting on the TV3 "exclusive" last night. Alistair, c'mon. You know what's on it. That was nothing. It's a release schedule and details for some very nasty, heinous and notorious ticking timebombs and that's a heads-up on every bad-ass likely to be re-entering the already torn areas of the underbelly of society and trying to eek out a survival with fuck all support. Those are recipes for disaster.

16 Comments:

At 20/6/08 8:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is quite a turnarounds for you isn't Bomber? Coming out in favour of jailing crims.

Anyhow I'm glad you've finally come to the conclusion that some people are just evil (not born evil, but turned that way through abuse, circumstance and genetics) and are beyond support and help.

Also, as a journalist of sorts you must know "exclusive" doesn't mean first to the story, but first to mass market the story.

 
At 20/6/08 10:30 am, Blogger Barnsley Bill said...

Top effort sir.

 
At 20/6/08 11:34 am, Blogger Bomber said...

...
Thank you Bill, anon I disagree with some of your points...

This is quite a turnarounds for you isn't Bomber? Coming out in favour of jailing crims.
I don't say that, I am regarding the whole sorry story and the reality this cycle of abuse has produced, honest anger at unjust actions get whipped up by conservative politicians anxious to look tough on crime and this political climate produces these results, combating this isn't about putting people in longer, it's about putting people in environments they can be changed in and that takes a lot of couragous political leadership.

Anyhow I'm glad you've finally come to the conclusion that some people are just evil (not born evil, but turned that way through abuse, circumstance and genetics) and are beyond support and help.
I've always said that there are Psychopaths in society, but they are the exception not the rule.

 
At 20/6/08 12:26 pm, Blogger Lyndon said...

incidentally, it might not be a corrections bod that dropped it; it sound the kind of document that would be useful for coordinating with other agencies.

 
At 20/6/08 12:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, someone with the name Bomber would appear, to me, to have a very strong agenda. I too am a blogger. I try, not always succeeding, I am but human, to confine my posting to my own experience rather than pontificating on what should or could be in the world. I believe the time has come for you to simply end this farce. NZ is a very small blip on the face of the Planet. Some one made a mistake, an honest, if rather careless mistake. End of story. I suggest you view the new NZ Film, Wai Wai Express, it talks of anger and forgiveness in the same sentence. It's very powerful. Personally I have a feeling that you have put yourself, rather than anyone else, at risk. Just my thoughts, Richard.

 
At 20/6/08 12:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally I have a feeling that you have put yourself, rather than anyone else, at risk.

That sounds like a threat. Why would bomber be concerned? He has written an opinion based on what he has read, why should that put him in danger?

 
At 20/6/08 12:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess this is not a blog that attracts those who can tell the difference between 'Risk' and 'Threat'. I have often taken risks in life, today I live with the consequences. Personally I never make a threat, unless I am prepared to carry it out.

 
At 20/6/08 1:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just listening to the radio at work (not sure of the station) and a 3 News promo has just come on:

"A folder containing sensitive information has been found on an Auckland street, 3 News viewer found the file and contacted the 3 News desk etc. etc." "A lot can change in 30 seconds. 3 News."

Heh heh.

 
At 20/6/08 1:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Okay, someone with the name Bomber would appear, to me, to have a very strong agenda." I

Kiwicafe you don't know the half of it.

As a longtime reader of this blog it would appear Bombers main agenda is self-aggrandizment and providing sensationalist analysis of the issues of the day and avoiding tricky questions about his involvement in capitalist system he claims to despise.

How a media executive who works for a commercial TV station, who lives a central city apartment and all that entails can sit with a straight face and write such polemics against "the system" and "capitalism" when these things provide him a more than comfortable living I'll never know.

His sub-RATM schtick gives true progessives a bad name.

 
At 20/6/08 3:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh bullshit, the above poster sounds like you have a very large chip on your shoulder, I like Tumeke and I like how it gets people talking, the above post is just trite tall poppy personalized bullshit wrapped up with some clever phrases. If you're a true 'progressive' the 'movement' is doomed, how can a response to a vieled threat suddenly lead to your psyco analytical character assasination of the person who is bringing these issues to the forefront of the medias attention, best you go back to Indy media and put your helmet back on.

 
At 20/6/08 4:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I like how it gets people talking"

that truly had me in stitches, people talking?

a bunch deadbeats and trolls flaming the living hell out of each other more like!!!!

 
At 20/6/08 5:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

makes a change from files being smuggled into prison.
bomber was this once concealed in a cake?

 
At 20/6/08 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you get a bigger ALT TV advert to stand in front of when you were interviewed for the news tonight ?...great free advertising !

 
At 20/6/08 8:24 pm, Blogger Bomber said...

...
Thank you, thank you - I do what I can.

 
At 20/6/08 8:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An ex-corrections member of staff happened to find the dossier? What a remarkable coincidence. Me thinks this was not a lost document but a stolen one. And how did Martyn (what a girly way of spelling "Martin") come upon information pertaining to said document? I think hard questions need to be directed to Martyyyyyn and I have suggested this to the titheads. Course you got nuffin to hide eh Martyyyyn?

 
At 21/6/08 10:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As it is laid out. Ex-corrections person "finds" documents. Photocopies the document. Gives one copy to Martyn. Martyn rubs his hands and speaks loudly - to everyone. Ex-correction person then gives copies to all media interested.
Thats it really. But what a way to go about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home