No one is to blame (again)
Right – so amazing NO ONE IS TO BLAME for an intellectually handicapped man getting the bash in the back of a prison van, un-fucking-believable. I love how these pricks always claim that ‘procedures were followed’ – really? If the conclusion to these ‘procedures’ is that a mentally handicapped prisoner gets the bash, then your fucking procedures are bullshit then aren’t they Mr Corrupt, racist and violent Corrections Department bossman. Here is the real poison though, INSTEAD OF BUYING PRISON VANS THAT SEPARATE PRISONERS SEPERATLY – which is what is needed, the corrupt, violent and racist Corrections Department wants to chain the prisoners in the vans - they want the full body restraints, the humiliating, soul destroying and animalistic full body restraints that only go towards creating the environment of dehumaisation that is the major problem of life behind bars, congrats Labour - you are actually going to make the process worse!
Guards cleared in inmate assault
Corrections and Chubb security personnel have been cleared of any wrongdoing over last week's assault on an inmate. The 34-year-old inmate was attacked last Thursday by four other prisoners while Chubb Security was ferrying 13 prisoners from Auckland's remand prison to the Waitakere District Court. The man and the four prisoners were being transported in the same compartment despite a request from the man to be segregated for his own protection. A report on the incident has been signed off by Corrections Minister Damien O'Connor. A spokesman for the minister says an investigation into the Auckland incident has found that proper procedure was followed. He says the inmate was segregated along with other segregated prisoners, and there was nothing unusual about the way he was being transported. The spokesman says the investigation has also found the assaulted inmate didn't suffer a broken jaw as reported. He says Minister O'Connor is now considering introducing waist restraints in prison vans.