- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Farrar bans speculator

The shame. I'm banned for a week! I dared him - outski.

All I said was (and this is approximate because DPF erased it): "Tony Ryall reminds me of this gay sales rep I know, the same voice, campy mannerisms, whineyness etc. Now, does he remind me of Tony Ryall because he's a sales rep? - or some other reason?"

It transpired from the comments section of this post at David P Farrar's entitled "GAY MPs":

-----------------------
DPF: What is the point of putting this post up and then saying you will ban anyone who even dares speculate? Defamatory? Is this the dark ages? Can't I say who I think is probably gay? Would you ban people for speculating on who is hetero-sexual?
Let's find out shall we...
Posted by t selwyn at September 19, 2005 09:31 PM
-----------------------
im pretty certain that bill english and don brash are straight,as well as gerry brownlee and nick smith.
Posted by rennie at September 19, 2005 09:35 PM
-----------------------
I'd say anyone who is defacto / married and has children is a reasonably safe bet.
Posted by JamesP at September 19, 2005 09:39 PM
-----------------------
it would depend on what [name deleted - DPF] is selling,most probably a brand of coffee.
Posted by rennie at September 19, 2005 09:43 PM
-----------------------
Tim - you are banned, but only for a period of one week as you are normally a very good contributor.
Posted by David Farrar at September 19, 2005 09:47 PM
-----------------------

I think it's harmless sport to speculate about people's piccadillos/sexuality/habits etc. esp. if it's done in a jocular fashion. I don't think it is defamatory at all. I like commenting on DPF's site because of the wide range of characters who participate. Oh well, I only have myself to blame.

3 Comments:

At 20/9/05 3:25 pm, Blogger Span said...

when DPF wrote that "Tim" was banned i assumed he meant tim barclay and thought nothing of it, except to puzzle at the fact that DPF thought him normally a good contributor ;-)

 
At 20/9/05 4:34 pm, Blogger Bomber said...

If it the fate of the nation this week depends on commenting on DPF's blog I'll email him directly.

 
At 22/9/05 1:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeez tumeke you donts worry about old farrer he ban me fo life,like ever, and that bagatar what tried to give the election away, him also ban me fo life, they sickly. weekly, middle class,

we just cames back from zirco the fascists burial, he went so upset over erection well he says
"i just go up there to wellington , do the job, for good an all, i gets the beech"
he says , he says twirling the chamber, but we talks him out of it he so depressed and sad since saturday then he takes his own lif yeserday you know tj, cos he says he donts live in a world with helengrad 3 no more, well he a big loss old zirco, he the most dangerous psuchopath like you ever saw, we didn't used to ask him fo details of some of him exploits but now he gone his border line psychopersonality gone he donts hesitate over using violets, i never seen zirco even hesitate to use violets, now we bury him with his revolver thing on his chest and a poems he writs to helengrad, it goes like this, no i cants find it the boys all crying here all the time,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home