- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Was Cameron Slater bought off by Brash?



The question has to be asked after even dear Aunty Fran pointed it out in her column...

When I revealed on March 12 that Brash and Banks were looking at either starting a new right-of-centre party or taking over Act, blogger Cameron Slater commented:

"I am also pretty sure that Banks and Brash know that electorally they are rat poison as candidates. They are both pensioners, with Brash over 70. They also both know that their best years politically are behind them."

This time around, Brash's strategists let Slater into the play: the direct onslaught was "open and honest but not fair". And as for The Don's age - don't mention it.


Now Cam was the first alongside that anti-beneficiary-breeding hate speech proponent Cactus Kate to question my connection with Matthew Hooten a couple of years ago so let's give Cam the same level of scrutiny.

(BTW - Dear Cactus Kate, you said Hone would never launch a party and you didn't see your beloved Rodney Hide getting assassinated in a corporate coup, maybe all that time out of the country in first class hotels has left you as distant and as out of touch as John Key? You are so far out of the loop you no longer have anything to contribute. Stick to blogs about finance skulduggery, that you can do. You once described me Kate as having all the influence of Mongolian Radio, looks like the Mongolian Broadcasting Network just got a frequency upgrade Kate.)

So, Cam. Were you brought into the coup by Brash's people within the National Caucus and by bringing you into the fold, did you limit your criticism? It seems amazing that you were describing Brash and Banks as electorally rat poison candidates, yet after a few words from on high you seem to print much more positive blogs about Brash and Banks.

A man as focused on transparency should be a little less hidden shouldn't he Cam?

FACEBOOK
TWITTER

7 Comments:

At 4/5/11 9:13 am, Blogger Harvey said...

Many years ago didn't Sandi Shaw have a hit with a song about Cammy??

 
At 4/5/11 9:47 am, Blogger Whaleoil said...

Sigh....as I have explained repeatedly, my first comments about rat poison were accurate at the time of publishing. However events moved quite considerably in the following 4 weeks.

During the coup I simply predicted how things would pan out. Personally I still think Banks is rat posison to the electorate and still stand by that assertion.

The Brash coup however was masterful in its execution and should ahve been reported as it happened not what repeaters and pinko bloggers wanted reported.

In retrospect I perhaps should not have refered to age, as Denis Welch pointed out yesterday on Radio NZ that has no place in politics.

Was I bought off? Nope. Did I have good sources, bloody oath I did.

That is what this is all about though. The gallery sat in Wellington interviewing their keyboards. I didn't.

 
At 4/5/11 9:48 am, Blogger Whaleoil said...

Oh and another thing.

The National caucus was working very hard to stop the coup. Witness Farrars lines of spin.

 
At 4/5/11 9:54 am, Blogger Whaleoil said...

@Harvey Yes you are right it was called "Nothing less than Brilliant."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nothing_Less_Than_Brilliant_(song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rExVKb4dZxs

 
At 4/5/11 11:30 am, Blogger Cactus Kate said...

Sigh. I am not unhappy having Brash as ACT Leader. And unlike yourself Bumber have never taken cash for posts. As for Hone? Who cares. You didn't see it either. You also write like you have Hone in your own back pocket. Dream on, last time I checked Bumber you were part of his problem not solution.

 
At 4/5/11 11:41 am, Blogger Bomber said...

Sigh. I am not unhappy having Brash as ACT Leader.
GRIN - But you didn't see it coming, which goes back to my point of you out of the loop.

And unlike yourself Bumber have never taken cash for posts.
LOL - now Kate, that's a lie I've pointed out to you several times now, but that you are retreading old water shows me how close t the bone I'm cutting here.

As for Hone? Who cares. You didn't see it either.
Oh, Kate, you are just lying now. I predicted this in November of last year on TVNZ7's backbenchers, pretending I didn't makes your position even weaker. Come on champ, you can do better than this.

You also write like you have Hone in your own back pocket.
YAWN - That doesn't wash Kate, Hone is his own man.

Dream on, last time I checked Bumber you were part of his problem not solution.
LOL - That's the best you've got? I know when you cheapen it to silly names that I've landed my point.

Mongolian Broadcasting never sounded so sweet Cathy.

 
At 4/5/11 3:35 pm, Blogger Grassroots said...

You appear to have hit a raw nerve Bomber. Unlike with Petrobras I urge you to keep on drillin mate! ;-)

Nice pic of Cameron in a room full of dumbells- "irony".

Cactus Kate is an act supporter so has my condolences- the party sux now more than ever before, I didn't think that was possible!?

Labour+Greens+Mana+Maori= bye bye corporate welfare, hello democracy for kiwis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home