- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Garner on Garner on Brian



Witnesses slow to add support to media pair
Two media heavyweights have reached a deadlock in an online dispute, with a lack of witnesses willing to verify either version of events.

Nice to see this story still trundling on after Tumeke blogged it first. The new Edward R Murrow of NZ media (Duncan Garner) apparently didn't say to Chris Carter on an Air NZ Flight that "I am going to fucking get you, Carter. If it takes me to Christmas I am going to fucking destroy you.", he just said, "If you want a fucking war, you'll get one.", perfectly acceptable from a News Editor, and what a fucking war it was. Buying your gay partner flowers and going on travel that was signed off led to some great work by the new Edward R Murrow of NZ Media, let's remember some of them...

Flamboyant Flaming Homosexual pinko flys to Europe on your taxpayer money (probably to spend it all on expensive cocktails and lube)

...yep, one of the great media journalists of our lifetime folks. I'm surprised Duncan hasn't been given a knighthood for his services to the National Party with that above story, he co-hosts The Nation with the former press secretary for Gerry Brownlee, why not just offer Duncan a shadow position in the cabinet?

A political editor who now admits he said "If you want a fucking war, you'll get one." with a body of work that borders on the homophobic for flowers to the boyfriend and travel that was already signed off on, how dare Brian Edwards question the new Edward R Murrow of NZ media!

If Duncan ever needs replacing, TV3 still has David Fane.

7 Comments:

At 1/7/10 9:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to you resigning from your tv programme, given that you are the most biased person in the country.

 
At 1/7/10 9:19 am, Blogger Bomber said...

GRIN - It's always the anonymous posters isn't it folks?

I'm the news editor of a TV Network? Since when? Can I get back pay for it? Please advise which date I took that position on and how much I can charge.

Being honest about your bias isn't the issue dear anonymous poster (PLEASE say that I have a 'hidden left wing agenda' so we can all laugh out loud), it's pretending to be objective that is the issue isn't it dear anonymous poster?

Tell you what I do need though, is a new 7pm panel show, the War on News is great, but at 10.30pm it's on a little late, I think a new 7pm show would help shake things up. I wouldn't mind going head to head with the walrus of news on TVOne and the lifestyle magazine show Campbell Live on TV3, yep, a new 7pm panel show would be great.

 
At 1/7/10 9:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Duncan ever needs replacing, TV3 still has David Fane.

They could get Oliver Driver, but they would probably want it to rate though.

 
At 1/7/10 12:30 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GRIN - It's always the anonymous posters isn't it folks?

Because for bomber, it's always about the person, never the comment made.

Tell you what I do need though, is a new 7pm panel show

Oh dear, perhaps it would be better to wish you were an astronaut, because your chances of being treated as a serious objective journalist are far more remote.

Stick to what you do best bomber, hyperbolic rants on a blogsite.

 
At 1/7/10 1:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all as funny as a fart and as hypocritical as hell...on the part of DG. I can quite imaging him saying that (if you want a fucking war...etc.).
Nothing like a couple of queens in bitch mode! Perhaps Carter shudda bought Garner the flowers

 
At 1/7/10 2:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT QUOTES FROM HISTORY (AND DON'T FORGET THE TRIANGLE PROGRAMME GOES OUT A LITTLE EARLIER AT 9.45PM WEDS EVEN THOUGH I MISSED IT LAST NIGHT.THANK GOD FOR YOU TUBE!

I S@#$ YOU NOT

I S#$% ON YOU

I "KAKA-DOW" V.C

DON'T LEAVE NOTHIN FOR "THE DINKS"

KEEP YER POWDER DRY AND YER PECKER HARD AND ITS ALL GRAVY...

(THERE ARE NO COWARDS HERE)

and other great movies from c4

life is greater punishment than death

 
At 1/7/10 2:45 pm, Blogger Bomber said...

This post is great...

Because for bomber, it's always about the person, never the comment made.

And now note that the poster then goes onto personally attack me after accusing me of being personal LMAO...

Oh dear, perhaps it would be better to wish you were an astronaut, because your chances of being treated as a serious objective journalist are far more remote.

Well you are just going to shit biscuits when you hear my great news on that front then won't you anon?

Stick to what you do best bomber, hyperbolic rants on a blogsite.
Oh come on, I don't just do hyperbolic rants on this blogsite, I also do hyperbolic rants on Sky, I also do hyperbolic rants on Triangle, I also do hyperbolic rants on Freeview, I also do hyperbolic rants on Scoop.co.nz, I also do hyperbolic rants on the brilliant Cheese on Toast site, I also do hyperbolic rants on Youtube. I think your back handed compliment was a little lazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home